By Blume Bauer
Okay everyone!! I have seriously exciting news. We are hosting a BRAND NEW contest this year in honor of our 5th Anniversary Henna Retreat!
We are going to give YOU the opportunity to design our artwork for this year’s Henna Intensive & Retreat!!
In the past, we have had some beautiful designs, courtesy of the amazing Henna Crone, aka Debi Varvi, aka Siren Extraordinaire. This year, we wanted to give you the chance to design something amazing and enter to win a FREE REGISTRATION TO THE RETREAT!!!
This will be one of two big opportunities this year to win a free registration (the Big Henna Contest is coming June 1st!) Get your favorite black pen of choice out and some beautiful white paper – non textured is preferred – and get creative!! Seriously, the sky is the limit!
***Everyone will have the opportunity to vote for their favorites as the entries start to roll in, so be sure to vote for your favorite designs! Public votes will play a huge role in determining the winner(s). The sooner you enter, the longer you will have to garner votes!
Enter our Design the Henna Retreat Anniversary Logo Contest!
It’s easy! Here’s how to enter:
Winner will receive a fully paid registration to the 2016 Henna Intensive & Retreat!
One runner-up will receive a $100 gift certificate towards registration for the 2016 Henna Intensive & Retreat.
A second runner-up will receive a $50 gift certificate towards registration for the 2016 Henna Intensive & Retreat.
If chosen by Siren Song Productions (based on number of entries), Honorary Mentions will receive a $25 gift certificate towards registration for the 2016 Henna Intensive & Retreat.
** Entries will be accepted through March 25th, 2016. The winner will be announced on April 1st, 2016
1. All entries must be original and completed by the artist entering.
2. Entries must be uploaded to the entrant’s Instagram account with the hashtag #HENNARETREATFIVEYEARS.
3. Designs must be newly created with the purpose of entering the contest.
4. Entries must be BLACK INK on WHITE PAPER to be accepted. Please no color or other mediums. This is to facilitate the use of the design in multiple platforms.
5. Artists must also have the ability to photograph their work and submit the photo as a high resolution image. If winning artist(s) fail to submit a high resolution image upon winning, the prize and title will go to the next runner-up.
6. The winner(s) of this contest hereby grant the use of their design to be used by Siren Song Productions and the Henna Intensive & Retreat for their 5th Anniversary 2016 retreat promotional materials (to include, but not limited to, flyers, posters, postcards, t-shirts, etc.). Winners include the “Winner”, “Runner-up(s)”, and “Honorable Mentions”.
7. All entrants release the use of their design to Siren Song Productions and the Henna Intensive & Retreat for promotional and voting purposes specifically for this contest as well as our social media outlets (to promote the contest and/or the Henna Intensive & Retreat).
8. Artists retain the right to use their non-winning entries once the contest has concluded for any of the artist’s own promotional and commercial purposes.
9. Winning artists retain the right to use their winning entries as portfolio work. Winning entries may not be used for commercial purposes in any manner that would compete with the promotional materials created by Siren Song Productions and the Henna Intensive & Retreat.
10. Any participant may enter – even those whom have already paid in full or partial payments for the retreat. If a registrant has already paid and they win, they will be reimbursed for the correlating amount of their prize.
11. Participants may register for the retreat anytime during the contest – even if still in the running – to guarantee a spot at the retreat in the event that they do not win the contest. We highly encourage participants to register, even if competing, as we have a limited number of spaces.
12. Entries will be voted on by the general public, as well as the contestants fans, friends, and family. Votes will weigh heavily as a factor in the judges decisions, however, complexity of design, execution, creativity, and theme will also be considered by the judges when choosing a winner, runner-ups, and honorary mentions.
13. Contestants must be “good sports” before, during, and after the contest. Contestants publicly defaming other contestants, the promoters, and/or the retreat will be removed from the contest by the contest producers, Siren Song Productions.
14. False representation of the contestant, their entry, and/or the votes for their entry will result in disqualification.
15. Siren Song Productions reserves the right to change or add to the contest rules at any time.
Sarah Baxter-Arias – www.danceandsingsarah.com
This blog was brought to you by the Henna Intensive & Retreat. Want to learn more about the art of henna and body art? Join us for a 5 day/ 4 night retreat in the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California! Find out more about this life changing event at www.hennaintensiveandretreat.com